Data Protection Information
Fraunhofer Institute for Solar Energy System ISE
The following pertains to the use of this website. As the party responsible for the data processing (controller), we process the personal data collected via our website and store them for the period, which is required to achieve the specified purpose and to comply with the statutory requirements. The following text informs you of the data we collect and the way we process the collected data. We also inform you about on data privacy rights as they pertain to the use of our website.
Pursuant to Article 4 No. 1 GDPR, personal data are all data referring to a specific or identifiable natural person.
- Name and contact information of the person who signs responsible for the data processing (controller) and of the society's data protection officer
- Processing of Personal Data and Purposes of the Data Processing
- Transfer of Personal Data to Third Parties
- Your Rights as Affected Person
- Data Security
- Timeliness of the Data and Amendments to this Data Protection Information
This data protection information shall apply to the processing of data on our institute's website solar-monitoring.de by the controller, the:
for the Advancement of Applied Research
zur Förderung der angewandten Forschung e.V.
Hansastraße 27 c,
D-80686 München (Munich, Germany)
On behalf of your Fraunhofer Institute for Solar Energy System ISE
(in the following referred to as Fraunhofer ISE)
You can reach the data protection representative of the Fraunhofer Institute at the above address c/o Data Protection Officer or at datenschutz(at)zv.fraunhofer.de
Please feel free to contact the data protection officer directly at any time with your questions concerning your data protection rights and/or your rights as affected person.
a) During your Website Visit
Every time you visit our web pages, our website servers save a protocol of your device accessing our website. This storage is temporary and lasts only until the automated deletion.
Our website server saves the following access data until their automated deletion:
- The IP address of the requesting device
- Access date and time
- Name and URL of the accessed data
- The transmitted data volume
- The message whether the access was successful
- The used browser and operating system
- Name of the Internet Provider (ISP)
- The referring website (referring URL)
The server processes these data for the following purposes:
- To enable the use of the website (link connection [forward setup])
- Administration of the network infrastructure
- Appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure IT systems and data security commensurate with the available state of the art technology
- Fault Analysis and Threat Mitigation
- To offer user-friendly service
- To optimize the Internet offering
Legal foundations for the above processing purposes:
Processing in response to a website visitor according to numbers 1-2:
Article 6 para. 1, page1, lit. b (Requirement for compliance with provisions of the website user contract),
Processing pursuant to numbers 3-4:
Article 6 para. 1, page 1, lit. c GDPR (legal obligation to implement technical and organisational measures to ensure secure data processing according to Article 32 GDPR and
Article 6 para. 1, page 1, lit. f GDPR (legitimate interests in data processing for the network and information security) as well as
Data processing pursuant to numbers 5-6:
Article 6 para. 1, page1 lit. f GDPR (legitimate interests) - our legitimate interests in the processing of data are based in our desire to offer user-friendly optimised web pages. Our legitimate interests also include direct advertising.
After the specified period of 30 days,
our web server automatically deletes the above-mentioned data. To the extent that data are processed longer for purposes according to numbers 2â€“6,
we will anonymise or delete the data as soon as their storage no longer serves the respective purpose(s).
With exception of the above-mentioned cases of data processing by service providers on our behalf(NAME ALL HEADINGS FROM SECTION 2 HERE, UP TO 2A, e.g. "Registration for events, registration for a newsletter, use of contact forms") we give your personal data only to third parties (i.e. to natural and legal persons other than you, the affected person), the controller or the service provider or his/her vicarious agents under the following circumstances::
- You consented explicitly to the data transfer to a third party according to Article 6 para. 1, page 1 lit. a GDPR
- The data transfer is required for the contractual performance of the contract with you according to Article 6 para. 1 page 1, lit. b GDPR
- Data transmission to the mail order firm which will deliver the goods you ordered
- Payment data transmission to payment service providers and credit institutes for payment transactions
- We are legally obligated to surrender the data to financial or judicial authorities according to Article 6 para. 1, page 1 lit. c GDPR
- Giving your data to third parties is required to exercise, enforce or defend legal claims, and there is no reason to assume that you as affected person could have an overriding interest worth protecting in the non-transfer of your personal data according to Article 6 para. 1 S. 1 lit. f GDPR. Such a data transfer to government and/or law enforcement authorities may occur in cases of attacks on our IT systems.
Third parties may use the transferred data only for the above-mentioned purposes.
Our websites are hosted by the Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft zur Förderung der angewandten Forschung e.V., Hansastrasse 27c, 80686, Munich, Germany on servers located in Germany exclusively.
The transfer/transmission of personal data to countries outside the EU or an international organisation shall be excluded.
We use server-side cookies. Cookies are small files, which are automatically created by the browser of the user device and stored in your device (PC, laptop, tablet, smartphone or similar device) when you visit our website. Cookies do not harm your computer, and they do not contain viruses, Trojans or other malware. Cookies contain information pertaining to the specific device, which accessed our website. However, this does not give us direct knowledge of your identity.
We also use temporary cookies to optimise the user-friendliness of our website. Your device stores these cookies temporarily for a specific time. The next time you visit our website, our server will recognise your device as prior visitor and remembers your settings and preferences. You will not have to enter these parameters again.
The data obtained with the help of cookies serve us to pursue our legitimate interests as website owners and serve the legitimate interests of third parties according to Article 6 para. 1, page 1 lit. f GDPR.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically. However, you are able to configure your browser in such a way that the application does not store cookies on your computer or always shows an alert before storing new cookies. The complete deactivation of cookies may prevent you from using all functions on our website.
You have the following rights:
- According to Article 7 para. 3 GDPR, you have the right to revoke any consent declaration at any time, which you may have given to us before. This has the consequence that we are no longer privileged to continue the respective activity.
- According to Article 15 GDPR, you have the right to demand information on your personal data, which we have processed. In particular, you have the right to information on the following:
- Purposes of the data processing
- The categories of personal data
- The categories of recipients to which we transmitted/disclosed or will transmit your data
- The planned storage periods of data
- The existence of the right to correction, deletion, restriction of processing and objection
- The right to appeal
- The right to know the origin of data in the event that we did not collect these data
- The right to meaningful and detailed information on the existence on automated decision-making including profiling
- According to Article 16 GDPR, you have the right to the correction of incorrect and/or the completion of incomplete personal data in storage at the Fraunhofer Society
- According to Article 17 GDPR, you have the right to the deletion of your personal data providing the deletion does not interfere with the execution of the right to the free expression of opinions and with the compliance with legal obligations, providing the deletion is not against public interest and providing the deletion does not hamper the enforcement, execution or defence of legal claims
- According to Article 18 GDPR, you have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data if you contest or challenge the accuracy of these data, the processing of the data is illegal but you reject the deletion of these data and we no longer need the data while you still need the data to enforce, execute or defend legal claims or you have raised an objection against the data processing according to Article 21 GDPR
- According to Article 20 GDPR, you have the right to receive the personal data you provided to us in a structured, well-established and machine-readable format or to demand the transmission to another authority and
- According to Article 77 GDPR, you have the right to complain to a superior authority. As a rule, you may find such authority at your place of residence, your workplace or our company domicile.
Information on your Right of Objections according to Article 21 GDPR
You have the right to object at any time against the processing of your personal data, based on Article 6 para. 1, lit. f GDPR (data processing in the public interest) and Article 6, para. 1, lit. e GDPR (data processing based on fair balancing) for reasons, which arise from your specific situation. This shall also apply to the profiling as prescribed by Article 4 No. 4 GDPR, which is supported by this provision.
Once you file an objection, we will no longer process your personal data unless we can establish compelling evidence, which is worthy of protection and outweighs your interests, rights and privileges, or unless the processing serves the enforcement, exercise or defence of legal claims.
To the extent that your objection addresses the processing of data for direct advertising, we will stop the processing immediately. In this case, citing a special situation is not required. This shall also apply to profiling in as far as it does not relate to such direct advertising.
If you like to claim your right to object, an email to datenschutz(at)zv.fraunhofer.de.
We transmit all your personal data using the generally used and secure encryption standard TLS (Transport Layer Security). The TLS protocol is a proven and secure standard. Bankers use the standard for online banking transactions. You recognise a secure TLS connection by the s following the http (https://) in your browser URL or by the lock symbol in the lower section of your browser.
By the way, we use suitable technical and organisational safety procedures to protect your data against inadvertent or wilful manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or against the unauthorised access by third parties. We constantly improve these security measures as the technology advances.
This data protection information as amended on 20.June 2018
Due to improvements of our website and website offers or based on statutory or government standard, it may become necessary to amend this data protection information. You find the latest applicable data protection information by clicking the link on this website:
You may read or print this updated and amended version at any time.
Should individual provisions of this data protection declaration be or become invalid either in part or in its entirety or prove infeasible at any time, this shall not affect the remaining provisions of this data protection declaration. This shall apply accordingly to gaps in this declaration.